Andrew Hanson is a real estate transactional and general business attorney and a partner in Sherry Meyerhoff Hanson & Crance LLP. He joined the firm in firm in 1998, and his practice focuses on leasing, acquisitions, dispositions, financing, construction, development and limited liability, partnership and joint venture structuring. He represents publicly traded entities, closely held businesses and high net worth individuals. Andrew has extensive experience in the representation of commercial, office, retail and industrial landlord, tenants, developers, lenders, institutional owners and real estate investment trusts (REITs) in connection with the leasing, acquisition, financing and disposition of a wide variety of real estate assets. Andrew’s development experience includes the preparation and negotiation of construction contracts, development agreements, management agreements, reciprocal easement agreements, CC&Rs and other real estate related contracts. Andrew formerly practiced in the Costa Mesa Office of Paul, Hastings, Janofsky & Walker LLP.
- Represented foreign client in the acquisition of 7 full-service luxury hotels located in 6 different states. Representation included real estate and hotel due diligence, negotiating management and franchise agreements with national hotel brands, management agreements with national hotel management companies, the assumption of two existing loans and the terms of a new CMBS loan with national lender and assisting in obtaining replacement liquor licenses.
- Represented Western Digital Technologies, Inc. in connection with a sale leaseback transaction affecting its headquarter properties located in Fremont, California.
- Represented Epson American, Inc. in connection with its leasing and build-out of its headquarter property located in Los Alamitos, California.
- Represented client in the acquisition of 3 full-service Marriott Hotels located in 3 different states. Representation included acquisition of 2 fee simple interests and 1 sub-ground lease interest, real estate and hotel due diligence, negotiation of the terms of a CMBS loan with a national lender, including necessary ground lease modifications, negotiation of new franchise and management agreements and assistance in obtaining new liquor licenses.
- Represented client in the acquisition of the Pasadena Sheraton Hotel, including acquisition of air space lease and later acquisition of air space rights, real estate and hotel due diligence, negotiating management agreement with national hotel management company, franchise agreement with national hotel brand, the terms of a CMBS loan and assisting in obtaining replacement liquor license.
- Represented publicly traded REIT in connection with the development of medical office buildings, including the development of a 9 story, 250,000 square foot medical office building located in San Francisco, California.
- Represented public and private companies operating post-secondary education schools in connection with the opening of more than 75 new school campuses in locations throughout the country. Representation included negotiating office leases, retail leases, industrial leases and build-to-suit leases ranging in square footage from 30,000 square feet to in excess of 200,000 square feet.
- Real estate counsel to Bank of America in connection with financings totaling more than a billion dollars, including construction loans, bridge loans, term loans, lines of credit and letter of credit facilities.
- Real estate counsel to Wells Fargo Bank in connection with more than 150 transactions involving office leases, branch leases, build-to-suit and reverse build-to-suit leases, ground leases, subleases, lease terminations and acquisitions and dispositions of land and improvements.
- J.D., Duke University School of Law, 1995, with High Honors; Editor, Law and Contemporary Problems Journal
- B.S., French and European Studies, Brigham Young University, 1992
- Diploma, French Language and Social Studies, Sorbonne University, France, 1990