Benjamin Scoll is a transactional real estate attorney. Benjamin represents purchasers, sellers and lenders in connection with single-property and portfolio acquisitions, dispositions, like-kind exchanges and financings. Benjamin’s practice also includes drafting and negotiating office, industrial, retail and ground leases. Prior to joining the firm, Benjamin was an associate in the Orange County office of Allen Matkins.
- Represented a large pension fund in its $4.8 billion joint venture with a public retail property trust involving 12 U.S. shopping malls.
- Represented a REIT purchaser in $184 million transaction to acquire 9 industrial properties in California, Texas and Illinois.
- Represented an institutional property owner in its acquisition of a 205,000 square foot San Diego office building.
- Represented a national mortgage company in negotiating and drafting a 29,000 Orange County office lease for its top executives.
- Represented publicly traded homebuilder in SFR land acquisitions across multiple states.
- Represented a publicly traded foreign property group in an $18.5 million industrial building purchase and leaseback.
- J.D., J. Reuben Clark Law School at Brigham Young University, 2009, Magna Cum Laude;
Order of the Coif; Editor, Brigham Young University Law Review; Editor, BYU Journal of Public Law; Editor, BYU International Law & Management Review.
- B.S., Sociology, Brigham Young University, 2004, Magna Cum Laude.