Kyle Bennion is a transactional attorney in the area of commercial real estate. Kyle joined Sherry Meyerhoff Hanson & Crance LLP in 2008 as an associate and his practice includes acquisitions, dispositions, financings, joint ventures, leasing and general corporate law. He represents a diverse range of clients, including real estate investment trusts (REITs), institutional investors, residential and commercial developers, pension fund advisors, retailers, hoteliers and non-profit corporations. In particular, Kyle has extensive experience in representing real estate investors in connection with the acquisition and ownership of medical office buildings and senior housing facilities. Prior to joining the firm, Kyle was an associate in the Newport Beach offices of O’Melveny & Myers, LLP.
- Acquisition and lease-back of a $550,000,000 portfolio of independent living facilities. Transaction was documented and closed within a week of client learning it was the winning bidder.
- Leasing counsel for a portfolio of approximately 200 medical office buildings throughout the United States.
- Negotiated key asset management documentation in connection with the acquisition of a $4B portfolio of life science buildings and documentation for a programmatic investment pipeline for future development of life science buildings.
- Acquisition of a portfolio of Canadian senior housing facilities for $170,500,000 and long term lease to a third-party operator.
- Drafted and negotiated joint venture agreement, vertical parcel lease and long-term space leases for the ground-up development of a 9-story, $170,000,000 medical office building in downtown San Francisco.
- Represented REIT client in the creation (and multiple implementations) of a joint venture program for the development of senior housing and skilled nursing facilities, wherein the REIT would provide preferred equity in exchange for an option to acquire the developed facility upon stabilization.
- J.D., University of Chicago, 2005
- B.A., Economics, Brigham Young University, 2002, summa cum laude